Sentence Examples. link sentence examples. Top 100. We can use linking words to give a result, add information, summarize, give illustrations, emphasize a point, sequence information, compare or to contrast idea. A dependent clause that cannot make sense by itself. In: . Examples of such include words and phrases like 'also', 'just as', 'like', and 'similarly'. " " I want to buy a car, but I don't have any money. 1a : the place at which independent and often unrelated systems meet and act on or communicate with each other the man-machine interface. " " I'm hungry, but I have nothing to eat. Transition sentences can be used to structure your text and link together paragraphs or sections. 2. " They found a possible link between the two cases. My thoughts will be with you wherever you go. wallebot 681368 The events were closely linked. Consider the following example: I'm a cat person by nature; John, on the other hand, likes dogs. 5) The fireworks are amazing! Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors. In the sentence above, the colon is used to introduce an explanation for the idea expressed before the colon. "I know" is an example of a clause, with "I" as the subject and "know" as the predicate. 46 Linking Words List and Examples CONSEQUENCE As a result Thus So Therefore As a consequence Eventually That's why CONTRAST However But Yet Whereas While On the one hand On the other hand ADDING IDEAS Moreover Also Besides In addition What's more Not only but also OPINION In my opinion As far as I'm concern To my mind It seems to me that Text-link Sentence Examples Our site can only reciprocate with a text link. 1. A linking sentence differs from a linking word, the latter being used to form a complete thought. An independent clause can make sense by itself. Home. 10 example of conjunction in a sentence Conjunctions allow you to create clear and elegant sentences. Example of a Lead Sentence that Opens an Essay Your lead sentence for the essay about the movie could be something like: "Titanic is a very sad movie because it focuses on a relationship that ends tragically." This is a perfect lead sentence for this essay. The truth may be chastised, but it will never be shamed. Top 50. What I've done is the result of careful consideration. However, the student's work was much disorganized. 3) Ava looks tired. The particular link with the remote past, however, is the ivy-clad ruin of the ancient tower, "The Rhymer's Castle," the traditional residence of Thomas Learmont, commonly called Thomas of Ercildoune, or Thomas the Rhymer, poet and prophet, and friend of the Fairies, who was born here about 1225. 27 octubre, 2022 By In does hcg increase estrogen levels in males No Comments. Lining sentence examples:1.i hate Lining up in the cold to go to a cinema.2.removing and installing side-panel Lining.3.if used properly, heating materials crashing and extruding furnace Lining will occur.4.use this piece of cloth for the Lining and that piece for the outside.5.christina romer, the head of the white The Word "Link" in Example Sentences Page 1 2546655 I'll send you the link. Plural: weakest-links Weakest-link Sentence Examples It follows, too, that when there is a number of substances, all essential for the elaboration of living material, and when one of these is present in minimal proportion, that one substance rules the production, just as the effective strength of a chain depends on the weakest link. Link/Cite Link to this page. It makes your job easier to make sure the expressions that the conjunctions combine are the same. Most linking words can either connect clauses within a . "In addition to using tutoring services and the library, high school . Add the necessary subject or verb to the construction and make it a separate sentence. PDF Sentence starters, linking words, transitional phrases For example, in the sentence "They are a problem," the word are is the linking verb that connects they and problem to show the relationship between the two words. All Words. This sentence summarizes the main argument. Examples of red links in a sentence. Examples of dead link in a sentence. CK 1 1625113 Click on the link. Top ranked example: In less than six years, they've turned over 17,000 red links to blue. What makes it good? How to use Link in a Sentence. b : the means by which interaction or communication is achieved at an interface. Examples of dead link in a sentence. The subject of a sentence is a noun (or a pronoun) and all the modifiers that go with it. LINKING WORDS and PHRASES. Dependent clause. (11) The chase finally ended when she was subdued with a stun gun after climbing a chain-link fence. " The police were trying to find the missing link in the case. Words and Phrases for Opposing, Limiting, and Contradicting. Examples of Linking Words Linking Words to Add more Information These words simply add additional information to your sentence or paragraph to show that two ideas are similar. Link In A Sentence Learn how to use Link in a sentence and make better sentences with `Link` by reading Link sentence examples. John Lewkenor, for example, challenges Virgil and the hierarchies of epic in a Petronius-style antiepic. It creates a link between the subject and the rest of the sentence. In A Sentence.me. ; The Chicken Lettuce Wraps were the weakest link of the bunch. The word "links" in 2138 example sentences, "links" in easy simple English sentence. Alberto was a great philosopher. These include grow, prove, look, smell, sound, taste, turn, feel . What is interface simple words? Answer (1 of 4): "Linking sentences" seem to more commonly called transition sentences. This might include headlines like: "You Can Now Land More Clients Without X". It also ties the paragraph without rephrasing or your topic sentence. Here are some examples: It started to rain and I got soaked - 'and' is the linking word that connects the two ideas of the individual being in the rain and getting soaked. Top 200. Examples of Linking Verb. " 1. Our website also has external links to publicly available software, yeast galactose data and lung cancer data. " " I like her, but I don't like her friend. Stay away from the ford where your friend drowned. All the other words that have been shaded as part of the "complete subjects" are modifiers. These verbs are called true linking verbs because they are always linking verbs. Linking words and phrases in English (also called 'connective' or 'transition' words) are used to combine two clauses or sentences presenting contrast, comparison, condition, supposition, purpose, etc. Make sure you return to the main thrust of your argument when linking key structural elements in longer documents. Examples of Transition Words in a Sentence The research results were not accurate. Sentence Examples. 2 : a surface forming a common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases an oil-water interface. However, evidence from a more recent study points to a different conclusion. Although the thesis statement was clear, the student found it difficult to complete the essay. For example: 'An introduction, then, to the notion of linking.'. There are many linking words as you are about to see Table of Contents 1 List of Linking Words to Improve your Writing 1.1 #1 Linking Words to Add 1.2 #2 Linking Words to Compare 2307997 I clicked the first linkon the page. If your answer is "no" to any of the above questions, then you have a fragment. There are two types of clauses: dependent and independent. The report structure was provided in the module handbook. In this study guide, you will learn how to use linking words in English. Generally, linking verbs are the 'be verbs' working as the principle verb of the sentence. See proper usage of the phrase dead link in real sentences. The Link is that one of the gnostic scriptures was purchased by Jung who was very close to Hesse. 2) My cousins were late to the party. link sentence examples. Take an umbrella in case it rains. Conclusion sentence starters include words and phrases like "thus", "therefore", "resulting", "in brief", "hence", and "to sum up" are often used to start this sentence. " " I studied for the test, but I don't think I did well. The problem is that the causal Link between serotonin level and depression has never been proven. Example sentences: " I want to go to the party, but I am so tired. H e obtained his degree. (share the same structure) Coordinating Conjunctions Coordinating conjunctions allow you to link words, phrases, and clauses of equal . [2138 Example Sentences + Audio] How to make, use, write and learn "links" in a sentence? Writing a concluding sentence may not come as easily as you may think. A development area has been established in the town. A HREF - Set this equal to a URL string to make the enclosed text link to another page. Topic sentence example Research has consistently shown that the meat industry has a significant environmental impact. Many writers fail to realize that it closes out . Semicolon List Rules. He went red after tripping on the rug. A sentence contains a verb or a verb phrase. A sentence contains a subject that is only given once. " Nurses provide a vital link between doctors and patients. A concluding sentence indicates that you are bringing closure to a paragraph. Give me the Link. "Another important resource for student success is frequent use of the library.". Link sentence examples:1.he Linked the fingers of his hands together on his stomach.2.try not to Link your sense of self-worth to the opinions of others.3.of course, most of china was flourishing at the time, but they were able to get a road built to Link them up to the rest of china.4.but even when conditions were The most common subordinating conjunctions are although, because, before, even though, if, since, until, and when. In these examples of complex sentences, the subordinating conjunctions are shown in bold. Tweet 2 You will discover the meaning of common linking words and learn how to use them in a sentence. neufchatel cheesecake no bake; uphill rush unblocked no flash; link sentence examples; link sentence examples. Home; Words; link; link in A Sentence. CK 1 764791 Would you mind putting a linkon your web page to our company's web site? ". When using these words or phrases, you should be connecting paragraphs that show evidence that is contrary to the prior material or pointing out alternatives. Independent clause. In this sentence, "looks" is a linking verb. 6) This spaghetti tastes good. A sentence has one main subject, which is the subject of the . I am putty in his hands. 3. A sentence ends with punctuation (a period, a question mark, or an exclamation point). Action is mandatory in these types of verbs. You look exhausted after studying all night. what is the largest gleaner combine; xc2 high voltage charging; link sentence examples; link sentence examples. Use which i link in a sentence: which i link sentence examples which i link In A Sentence We found 29 'which i link' sentence examples to help you understand how to use which i link in a sentence . 5) The fireworks are amazing! For examples and information is a good way to link one sentence Below are several examples of common sentence fragments, along with possible corrections. Table of contents A new sentence begins with a capital letter. 2. Top ranked example: That no longer exists, though, and there's another dead link in the post. Source_VOA When you see the words "linking sentences." "linking" is more often either a gerund in a section head with "sentences" as its object or a participle modifying "words and phrases." So, let's look at a few links. ; As the most industrialized country on Earth, this is . Two parts. The topic sentences should be more specific than the thesis statement, but always clearly related to it. Linking words and phrases are used to show relationships between ideas. Components of a Sentence . That dish seemed delicious but we could eat that. This will show your readers that the essay has shifted to a different line of reasoning. Cite this page When you are familiar with math, this is an example of literacy in ma Link to this page. 3 Vote for your favorite sentences There are other verbs that are sometimes linking verbs and sometimes action verbs. ". My full review is located on my blog which i link to in the first comment located below. How to See a Word Used in a Sentence 1 Type the word Simply type in the word you want to explore the meaning of and find your screen filled with countless examples of that word in a sentence. The eggs smell rotten. Semicolons are used to conjoin two complete sentences related to one another. They enable us to establish clear connections between ideas. He went red after tripping on the rug. Two new studies Link hunting to lead in. 4) We are the champions! A sentence ends with punctuation (a period, a question mark, or an exclamation point). (13) Modest chain-link fences have existed for some time in the border cities of El Paso and Brownsville, Texas. The following are examples of topic sentences that may be used for the essay: "One important resource that all high school students should utilize for success is tutorial services.". Examples of link These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. Do this only if the resulting sentence does not become too long. Therefore, the researcher opted for another study method. Example of a transition sentence for a new paragraph In this case, the researchers concluded that the method was unreliable. Semicolons can also be used to join sentences and should be employed when the sentences are related. See proper usage of the phrase red links in real sentences. The ocean biome, for example, is made up of all the oceans on Earth. sentence for "chain-link". Linking words can also exist as phrases, such as "the reason for" or "as such." For example: More examples: 1) The cake smells good. 2. 2 Browse the list Scroll through the sentence list to see the sentence that best meets the context you're looking for. Yes. These are some example of linking words: I will lend you my car whenever you need it. The chain is as only as good as its weakest link. At the same time this is also a perfect thesis. 50 Examples of Linking Verbs in Sentences A soul that is idle will go hungry. It is bad style to start a sentence with these words: and but so because then until such as. Useful Linking Words and Phrases to Use in Your Essays. In the six examples above, the simple subjects are book, pope, butterflies, king, person, and currency. In A Sentence.me. As we mentioned before, your linking sentence will tie in with your topic sentence, as this is the sentence that begins your paragraph and will lead your argument. Contrastive Transitions - For instances when you're neither looking at similarities nor describing relationships but instead focusing on contrasting qualities, these transitions can be extremely useful.

Gpo Firewall Inbound Rules, Software Architecture Design Tools, Endothelin-1 Secretion, How Much Kefir Grains For 1 Litre Of Milk, Palo Alto Create Address Object Cli, Basketball Shooting Finger, Awesomewm Themes Github,

link sentence examples